Published Research (for working papers/further work see my CV and contact me)
PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL ARTICLES
- It’s Not Easy Being A Green Party: Green Politics as a Normal Good, with Patrick Gourley (July 2022). European Journal of Political Economy, Available online, 102266.
- Initial Job Match Quality and Labor Market Transitions: Evidence from Mexican Informal and Formal Labor Markets, with Emily Conover and Sarah Pearlman. UNU-WIDER Working Paper 2021/23. Journal of Development Studies, July 2022, vol. 58(7).
- Declining Outmigration and Local Labor Markets, with Emily Conover and Sarah Pearlman (July 2021). Journal of Human Resources, preprint manuscript available on journal website, 2023, vol. 58(6).
- Gender Imbalances and Labor Market Outcomes: Evidence from Large-Scale Mexican Migration, with Emily Conover and Sarah Pearlman, IZA Journal of Migration and Development, 2021, 12.
- Environment Matters: New Evidence From Mexican Migration, with Xiyue Li, Applied Economics Letters, 2020, 27, 168-173.
- Women Make Houses, Women Make Homes, with Mevlude Akbulut-Yuksel and Mutlu Yuksel, Labour Economics, 2017, 49, 145-161.
- For Better or for Worse: The Long-Term Effects of Postwar Reconstruction on Family Formation, with Mevlude Akbulut-Yuksel and Mutlu Yuksel, Applied Economics, 2016, 48:29, 2771-2784.
- Convergences in Men’s and Women’s Life Patterns: Lifetime Work, Lifetime Earnings and Human Capital Investment, with Joyce Jacobsen and Mutlu Yuksel, Research in Labor Economics, 2015, 41, 1-33.
- Does the minimum wage have a higher impact on the informal than on the formal labor market? Evidence from quasi-experiments, Applied Economics, 2013, 45:4, 477-495.
- Is informal sector work an alternative to workfare benefits? The case of pre-program expansion and economic crisis, Review of Development Economics, 2012, 16:4, 579–593.
- Consumption and Social Identity: Evidence from India, with Nishith Prakash and Zahra Siddique, Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 2012, 83, 353– 371.
- The Persistence of Informality: Evidence from Panel Data, with Aslan Akay, Research in Labor Economics, 2012, 34, 229–255.
- A Note on Informality in the Labor Market, Journal of International Development, 2012, 24, 894–908.