Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
1. For Better or For Worse: The Long-Term Effects of Postwar Reconstruction on Family Formation (with Mevlude Akbulut-Yuksel and Mutlu Yuksel), 2016, Applied Economics, IZA DP No. 7239.
2. Convergences in Men’s and Women’s Life Patterns: Lifetime Work, Lifetime Earnings and Human Capital Investment (with Joyce Jacobsen and Mutlu Yuksel), 2015, Research in Labor Economics, 41 , 1–33. IZA DP No. 8425.
3. Does the minimum wage have a higher impact on the informal than on the formal labor market? Evidence from quasi-experiments, 2013, Applied Economics, 45:4, 477–495. IZA DP No. 3911.
4. Consumption and Social Identity: Evidence from India (with Nishith Prakarsh and Zahra Siddique), 2012, Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 83, 353–371. IZA DP No. 5406.
5. Is informal sector work an alternative to workfare benefits? The case of pre-program expansion and economic crisis, 2012, Review of Development Economics ,16:4, 579–593. IZA DP No. 4614.
6. A Note on Informality in the Labor Market, 2012, Journal of International Development, 24, 894–908. IZA DP No. 4676.
7. The Persistence of Informality: Evidence from Panel Data (with Alpaslan Akay), 2012, Research in Labor Economics, 34, 229–255. IZA DP No. 6163.
Other Peer-Reviewed Publications
8. Formalization of jobs and firms in emerging market economies through registration reform, 2014, IZA World of Labor.
9. Ethnic Fragmentation, Conflict, Displaced Persons and Human Trafficking: An Empirical Analysis (with Randall Akee, Arnab Basu and Nancy Chau), 2010, in Gil S. Epstein and Ira N. Gang eds.,Migration and Culture, Frontiers of Economics and Globalization, Volume 8, Emerald Publishing. IZA DP No. 5142.
10. Crisis and Recovery in Argentina: Labor market, poverty, inequality and pro-poor growth dynamics, 2008, in Stephan Klasen and Felicitas Nowak-Lehmann eds., Poverty, Inequality and Migration in Latin America, Peter Lang Verlag.
11. Rubble Women: The Long-Term Effects of Postwar Reconstruction on Female Labor Market Outcomes (with Mevlude Akbulut-Yuksel and Mutlu Yuksel), IZA DP No. 6148.
12. Comparative Advantage, Segmentation and Informal Earnings: A Marginal Treatment Effects Approach (with Omar Arias), IZA DP No. 3916.
Further Work in Progress Available Upon Request.